Precision Worm Gearhead stainless steel worm gear speed reducer gearbox
PW series precision worm gearhead is a new generation of products with the advanced technologies. Worm material is 42CrMo, and its hardness of tooth surface is 50~60HRC, which has the higher wear resistance, shock resistance and toughness; worm wheel material is aluminium bronze, which has outstanding wear resistance.
Backlash, ≤1 arcmin;
High input speed, up to 6000rpm
Precision worm gearhead Model :PW1540
Gearhead Data :
Reduction : 40:1
Rated power(W) :110
Rated output torque (N·m) : 35
Emergency stop torque (N·m) : 80
Rated input speed (rpm) :4000
Maximum input speed (rpm) : 6000
No-load backlash(arcmin) :≤1
Average mass inertia(kg.cm2) : 1.7
Maximum efficiency : 53%
Weight (kg) : 2.1
Radial load(N) : 600
Centre dist.(mm) : 42.5
Ingress protection: IP65
Operation temperature(ºC): -20~+80
Worm gear set benefits:
- Easy and functional shaft mounting
- Noiselessness, constant performance, also for the heaviest applications
- High performance and reliability
- Lower power consumption
- Long life
We are a factory specialized in metal parts hardware & metal gearbox geared motor .We services with ODM/OEM gearbox design and development , gearmotors manufacture.
A gearbox is with the input shaft and output shaft aligned it offers high torque transmission with good stiffness and low noise , in a more compact foot print than other gearbox types . It can supply a lot of speed reduction and torque in a small package with the fixed axis .Gearbox is ensure that it provides highly accurate gear engagement, smooth running and minimum noise and give the ability to increase the torque and lower the speed of an electric motor.
Welcome OEM or ODM projects .
|Application:||Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Toy, Car|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Gear Shape:||Conical – Cylindrical Gear|
What are the Noise Levels Associated with Worm Gearboxes?
The noise levels associated with worm gearboxes can vary depending on several factors, including the design, quality, operating conditions, and maintenance of the gearbox. Here are some key points to consider:
- Design and Quality: Well-designed and high-quality worm gearboxes tend to produce lower noise levels. Factors such as gear tooth profile, precision manufacturing, and proper alignment can contribute to reduced noise.
- Gear Engagement: The way the worm and worm wheel engage and mesh with each other can impact noise levels. Proper tooth contact and alignment can help minimize noise during operation.
- Lubrication: Inadequate or improper lubrication can lead to increased friction and wear, resulting in higher noise levels. Using the recommended lubricant and maintaining proper lubrication levels are important for noise reduction.
- Operating Conditions: Operating the gearbox within its specified load and speed limits can help prevent excessive noise generation. Overloading or operating at high speeds beyond the gearbox’s capabilities can lead to increased noise.
- Backlash: Excessive backlash or play between the gear teeth can lead to impact noise as the teeth engage. Proper backlash adjustment can help mitigate this issue.
- Maintenance: Regular maintenance, including gear inspection, lubrication checks, and addressing any wear or damage, can help keep noise levels in check.
It’s important to note that while worm gearboxes can produce some noise due to the nature of gear meshing, proper design, maintenance, and operation can significantly reduce noise levels. If noise is a concern for your application, consulting with gearbox manufacturers and experts can provide insights into selecting the right gearbox type and implementing measures to minimize noise.
How to Calculate the Efficiency of a Worm Gearbox
Calculating the efficiency of a worm gearbox involves determining the ratio of output power to input power. Efficiency is a measure of how well the gearbox converts input power into useful output power without losses. Here’s how to calculate it:
- Step 1: Measure Input Power: Measure the input power (Pin) using a power meter or other suitable measuring equipment.
- Step 2: Measure Output Power: Measure the output power (Pout) that the gearbox is delivering to the load.
- Step 3: Calculate Efficiency: Calculate the efficiency (η) using the formula: Efficiency (η) = (Output Power / Input Power) * 100%
For example, if the input power is 1000 watts and the output power is 850 watts, the efficiency would be (850 / 1000) * 100% = 85%.
It’s important to note that efficiencies can vary based on factors such as gear design, lubrication, wear, and load conditions. The calculated efficiency provides insight into how effectively the gearbox is converting power, but it’s always a good practice to refer to manufacturer specifications for gearbox efficiency ratings.
What is a Worm Gearbox and How Does It Work?
A worm gearbox, also known as a worm gear reducer, is a mechanical device used to transmit rotational motion and torque between non-parallel shafts. It consists of a worm screw and a worm wheel, both of which have helical teeth. The worm screw resembles a threaded cylinder, while the worm wheel is a gear with teeth that mesh with the worm screw.
The working principle of a worm gearbox involves the interaction between the worm screw and the worm wheel. When the worm screw is rotated, its helical teeth engage with the teeth of the worm wheel. As the worm screw rotates, it translates the rotational motion into a perpendicular motion, causing the worm wheel to rotate. This perpendicular motion allows the worm gearbox to achieve a high gear reduction ratio, making it suitable for applications that require significant speed reduction.
One of the key features of a worm gearbox is its ability to provide a high gear reduction ratio in a compact design. However, due to the sliding nature of the meshing teeth, worm gearboxes may exhibit higher friction and lower efficiency compared to other types of gearboxes. Therefore, they are often used in applications where efficiency is not the primary concern but where high torque and speed reduction are essential, such as conveyor systems, elevators, automotive steering systems, and certain industrial machinery.
editor by CX 2023-09-14